OSHA Distracted Driving Fact Sheet
- Distracted driving crashes killed more than 3,000 people and injured 416,000 in 2010.
- Reaction time is delayed for a driver talking on a cell phone as much as it is for a driver who is legally drunk.
- More texting leads to more crashes. With each additional 1 million text messages, fatalities from distracted driving rose more than 75%.
- People under the age of 20 are involved in more fatal crashes due to distractions than any other age group.
- Studies show that drivers who send or receive text messages focus their attention away from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds. At 55 mph, this is equivalent to driving the length of a football field blindfolded!
DRIVING & TEXTING MORE WORKERS ARE KILLED EVERY YEAR IN MOTOR VEHICLE CRASHES THAN ANY OTHER CAUSE.
- Poster size 11” x 17”
- Front and back sides are laminated
- Quality printing in full color
- Attorney Approved
- Recycled Paper
- Made in USA
- Poster content is guaranteed to be up-to-date