+1 (888) 488-7678
New York - What You Need to Know About the Novel Coronavirus and Measures Taken
Last Updated: April 20, 2020
- Schools and nonessential businesses will stay closed through May 15th.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- Governor Cuomo calls on federal government to provide hazard pay to essential public workers.
- A new partnership with Ready Responders will expand health care services and testing to NYCHA residents.
- NYS will deliver more than 500,000 cloth masks and 10,000 gallons of hand sanitizer to public housing communities.
- COVID-19 Maternity Task Force will develop plan to certify additional birth centers to provide mothers with a safe alternative to already stressed hospitals.
- Governor Cuomo announces the creation of Reimagine NY Task Force to improve systems downstate once the State is no longer on PAUSE.
- SUNY is distributing 8,800 laptops and chromebooks to students in need to complete their spring semester coursework.
- New COVID-19 testing facilities are opening downstate, primarily in minority communities. Find testing site locations and hours or operation.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through May 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
This information provided on this website is meant to provide general information and does not constitute as legal/ medical advice.