OSHA Confined Space Fact Sheet
Confined spaces are areas large enough for a worker to enter and perform work, have a limited or restricted means of entry or exit; and are not designed for continuous employee occupancy. The purpose of this Fatal Facts is to highlight the importance of identifying confined spaces in agricultural workplaces to prevent another fatality.
- Evaluate all confined spaces to determine if they contain any actual or potential hazards.
- Train workers to never enter a confined space before the hazards and the steps to address the hazards to provide for safe entry and exit have been identified.
- Ensure workers review, understand, and follow the procedures before entering confined spaces and know how and when to exit. Ensure there is a safe means to enter and exit the space such as using ladders.
- Consider chemical reactions that could occur based on the materials in the confined spaces, and potential byproducts that could create a hazardous atmosphere.
- Poster size 11” x 17”
- Poster is available in English and in Spanish
- Front and back sides are laminated
- Quality printing in full color
- Attorney Approved
- Recycled Paper
- Made in USA
- Poster content is guaranteed to be up-to-date